Under the current rules, permanent residency (Indefinite Leave to Remain) can be achieved once the individual spends at least 5 years as a Turkish Business Person or as a Turkish worker. We have extensive experience in this field, and we have been proudly assisting our clients establish themselves under the Ankara Agreement for over 15 years.
If you are a Turkish national and have intention to set up a business, you may be eligible to apply for the Turkish Business Person Visa. This will enable you to enter the UK or switch to this category if you are already in the UK.
There are different types of circumstances under which you can base your application on.
You can apply under this category by setting up a new business or partnership, joining an existing business or partnership, or buying an existing business or partnership. You can propose to trade as a sole trader, incorporate a new limited company or establish a new partnership.
The criteria which will need to be fulfilled are as follows:
1. You must have a business idea/plan for your proposed business;
2. You must have the financial ability to successfully establish the business;
3. You may be required to have relevant qualifications or experience, depending on the nature of the business;
4. In addition to the required investment capital, you are required to have funds available in your personal bank account for your personal living expenses until the proposed business begins to generate sufficient income;
5. You need to provide evidence that you have researched the sector you propose to enter extensively, including sufficient market research in relation to your proposed business; and
6. You must put in place a detailed business plan outlining the business proposal, market research in your identified market, strengths and weaknesses of your business idea, any employment plans, projected costs and profitApply now
Turkish nationals who are already employed in the UK (whether full-time or part-time) for a minimum of 12 months, are entitled to renew their employment and apply for residency to continue to live in the UK.
You must stay with the same employer for a minimum period of three years.
After completing a period of three years, you have the right to renew your permit to continue working in the same occupation/field but will be permitted to change your employer.
After four years of continuous employment, you are free to renew your employment with the same or another employer without any restrictions, including the ability to work in another industry.
Upon completion of five years as a Turkish Worker, you may be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.
The application process of this programme is simple and requires minimal evidence of your employment in the UK.Apply now
Upon completion of 5 years as a Turkish Business Person or a Turkish Worker, you may be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) also known as settlement in the UK.
To qualify for ILR, you are required to meet all of the following requirements:
1. You must have lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years under the above categories;
2. You were not absent from the UK for no more than 180 days per a 12 month period in the past 5 years;
3. You have met the English language requirement and life in the UK requirement;
4. You have been able to financially support yourself and any family members without recourse to public funds to which you are not entitled to;
5. If you were in the UK under the Business Person Visa, you must provide evidence that you satisfied the conditions of your visa; and
6. If you were a Turkish Worker, you must provide evidence that you have been employed for a continuous period of 5 years in the UKApply now